Saturday, October 20, 2007

Flu Bug




Cora woke up this morning at 6:30 a.m. crying. She does this every so often, but finds her thumb and goes back to sleep. She didn't this time, so I went in to get her. I was holding her as she tucked her head into my shoulder and I thought, "You smell odd." I didn't say it out loud, because I didn't want to offend her. :) Then she let out this loud burp and the flood gates opened. It happened so fast so I grabbed her precious blankie and "caught" what was coming out. Poor baby!!! She had no idea what was happening and was crying so hard. So at 6:45 I put her in the tub and scrubbed her down. I also discovered she had left a gift for me in her crib which explained the "odd" smell. After her bath, I also quickly learned that there is no need to give a vomiting child a bath right away because the bath will quickly become null and void. I have changed this poor baby numerous times today and done so many loads of laundry, blankets and pj's. It is almost 3 p.m. and Mommy is still in her pj's and exhausted. Thankfully peanut is happy and not lethargic. She has been playing and reading in between "spells". There is a towel beside me at all times awaiting any explosions.

Around lunch time she drank some baby electrolyte stuff and ate cheerios. So far it is staying down. And she is finally down for a nap. She has only cat napped twice today. Now I am relishing in the peace.

I hate seeing her sick. I also hate knowing that it is pretty certain that I will not be feeling well soon. Her precious little face and germs have been all over me today. I tried to wash my hands all the time, but....we'll see. I am feeling a bit queasy but that could be from dealing with a sick child.

I know he wouldn't want us to do this, but thank you to Cora's Russian "uncle" for updating our flickr account. That was so thoughtful of you and means alot to us!!!!


The very last picture is from the other day after I got Cora up from her nap. Check out that bed head. She was so sweaty because she had jammed her head up into the corner of her bumper pad in her crib. Silly girl!
-Mindy

2 comments:

Debbie said...

Sorry sickness has invaded your home.
The picture you have outside looks beautiful. I miss green and openess bad (live in the southwest).
loved your quilt pictures.

Dani said...

I am sorry to hear the flu has come upon you. It has moved into our house as well. I hope everyone is feeling better.

Thank you for your sweet comment on my blog. I hope you don't mind... I added your blog as a link on mine. I always have to go through Joy's to get to yours. It's laziness really -- I just figured I could skip a step and go right to my friend Mindy's page. Please let me know if you hate the idea. :)

Happy last day of October!