Sunday, September 09, 2007

From Lazy Day to Big Day!

I did not intend for today to be a full day for Cora and I. We usually stay pretty busy since Daddy is at work so I guess it's not too unusual. We visited our friends' church this morning. I really like the church. They have an amazing time of worship and the Pastor is very gifted. It's always nice to visit because it feels like I already know so many there. Many families from the church that I grew up in have drifted over to this church due to one reason or another. There are also many people from the college that I attended, Bethel College since it is a Missionary Church and that is the affliliation that Bethel is. My cousin's family even attends there. It was a good morning of fellowship and worship. Cora seemed to really enjoy her time in the nursery too. She didn't even cry when I dropped her off. She loves other kids.

After church we were invited over to our friends' house for some lunch. Cora was most enthralled by their new stackable washing machine and dryer set. She could watch the laundry spinning around in the washing machine. It provided great entertainment.

After lunch Cora and I took off intending to come back home but we did not. I had heard on the news that there was a cat show going on in a city north of us. I called Daddy to see what we should do and he said, "Go and have fun!" So we headed north!

The cat show was pretty interesting. These people take their cats really seriously. I bet none of their cats are avid fishermen or have written any books (see 3 posts before this one if this doesn't make sense to you).

We walked up and down the aisles of cats who were getting much needed beauty sleep in their little cat condos before the big moment in front of the judges. There were so many types of cats. We met one HUGE cat. He was at least double Art's size and Art is a big cat. This cat's name was Archie and Cora thought he was something. She thought all of the cats were something. She giggled, babbled, and clapped the whole time we were there.

Not one cat person let her touch their cats though. They probably didn't want those sticky, Cheerio covered fingers touching the award winning fur. We watched some judging too. It was fun but a bit weird to see a cat being taken so seriously! :) The cat below is one of those Sphynx cats. It doesn't have fur. It was by far the most bizarre. They remind me of Gollum from Lord of the Rings.

After we left the cat show we visited a fountain that was near the convention hall. Cora loved watching the water spurt out and walking around after being cooped up in her stroller. We then ate a yummy supper together. Cora was in the mood for Mexican so we dined together at Hacienda. She had a quesadilla and french fries...yumm-o! After a bit of grocery shopping we finally made it home.

It was such a fun day with Cora! I just love spending these days with her. I'm so thankful we didn't just come home, although I know we would have had fun together here too. It was just fun to do something out of the ordinary. I have special memories of doing things like this with my Mom too. We would go to the zoo, the library, the movie theater, among other places.

On another note...Cora got a special surprise this week. Dobbie gave her a doll baby. Cora loves it. She carries it around and pats it, although she is usually carrying it by the foot. Hopefully she'll figure that out by the time she has her own kids. She loves her baby so much. We even had to take it to Grandpa and Grandma's this week.




Cora and I stayed with Grandma Mary on Saturday so Grandpa could go to his cousin's 50th anniversary party. I finally got some more pics of Cora with Grandma. I hadn't taken any in awhile. Cora loves to play with Grandma's hair and pat her arm. I know somewhere inside Grandma loves it too.

-Mindy

No comments: