Monday, September 24, 2007

Big Girl

Since Daddy was still sick today (but much better), Cora and I headed out of our sick ward. We have been bad and not gotten Cora the next car seat. I think we're okay because she is small for her age, but I know she needs to be in the next one. So we headed out on a mission to find a new carseat for our big girl.

We stopped at Wendy's for a quick lunch together. Cora loves their chicken nuggets and mandarin orange cups. We were even visited by a very sweet hostess who sat down to chat with us. She loved Cora and was talking a mile a minute about her own kids who are now in their 40's and her grandchildren. She could tell that Cora was a good baby. She made sure to remind me that the next one may not be as good. Yes, I know! :) (No news on that front! Sorry if you were thinking we had big news about any buns in the oven. Nope!)

After lunch and making a new friend, we went to Babies 'r Us to use some gift cards and a coupon for our new seat. These seats are pretty pricey, but I don't mind paying for my daughter's safety. I do have to admit that we are truly blessed. After 14 months of life, this is the first big purchase that we have had to make for Cora, thanks so much to friends and family for hand-me-downs and to grandparents for generous gifts. So we can NOT complain.

After staring at all of the seats and having no clue what to get, we called Daddy. He got online and did some research on the ones the store carried. Poor Daddy..."Can you check the Evenflo such and such? Now what does it say about the Cosco Eddie Bauer? Oh, wait here's another one by Graco?" He was very patient with Mommy! We ended up with the Graco Platinum CarGo booster seat. It got 4 1/2 out of 5 stars!!! She can be in it from now at 20ish lbs up till she is 100 lbs which we think will be when she is 18! Ha! By then we may all have to be in booster seats here in IN. (The laws have changed and kids who are under 8 must be in a booster seat.)

After our Babies 'r Us trip, we headed over to the mall to wander around for a bit to kill time. I had not been to our mall in ages. The stores are all very overpriced, but it was fun to look through Gymboree, Children's Place and Baby Gap. They were all things that we can live without but it's fun to dream. Cora made alot of new friends, though. How things change...I used to window shop for me, now I window shop for my daughter. :)

Well here are pics of our big girl in her new seat....
Here is a picture of where we started 14 months ago.





















Here is where we are now!






We've come a long way, baby!

After we got home and had supper, I took Cora out and got her new seat put in the car. Then we took it out for a spin! She looked so proud to be facing forward and able to watch Mommy now. It was so funny...almost like she thought, "Mom! Is this, ok? Are we going to get in trouble? You've been holding out on me all this time!" It will be so nice to be able to see her better and easier to hand her things when she drops them.

Another chapter...now we put the infant seat away with the Moses basket, floor play mat, baby swing! It's sad to put things away, but it's also fun to get the new things out.

-Mindy

2 comments:

Joy said...

OOOOH!! She's such a big girl! I think we had that seat for Dawson originally but I asked him to switch it out with the Eddi Bauer one he has now but I can't remember why! It had something to do with my old poop neon car. I can't belieive how little she looks in her car seat when she was first in it! Now I have to go see if we have pics of Dawson like that. Let's work on baby #2. ha! :)

C and T said...

No need for buns in the oven. I think one bun at a time is okay! :D