Friday, August 17, 2007

Catching Up

I'm so excited to be able to write a blog again! I have missed it. If you don't know why I haven't written lately, check out the previous blog. I had 120 pics to upload from our camera to our computer. Ha! We had alot going on while our computer was getting fixed.

Cora went to two weddings. The first one was held here in our town at a park. It was a hot, very muggy day, but it was nice. The groom had been in our youth group when Kevin was a youth pastor. Now he's all grown up and married. We've seen quite a few get married and some have babies! Wow!


The second wedding was in Indianapolis at the White River Garden which is connected with the Indianapolis Zoo. The bride at this wedding was a member of our youth group too. She looked beautiful.


Speaking of former youth group kids...we had a special visit from another girl and her family. We hadn't seen them in quite some time as they live out of town, so it was a pleasant surprise to see them. Their little boy and Cora have the same birthday. He was born exactly one year before Cora. It was fun to watch him and imagine Cora doing the same things in one year. It's amazing!



(It's a good thing Daddy wasn't home when they were here because I don't know if he would have approved of an older man kissing his little girl. Haha!)

Cora had her one year pics taken also during the past few weeks. A very good friend of mine from California sent some very cute outfits for Cora's birthday and a beautiful dress. I was so excited to have her wear it for her pics. She looked like a princess! (Thanks Christi!!!!! We miss you!)





We also had a birthday party at our home for Cora. We invited some close family friends and family members. (I know, I know....you're thinking how many birthdays did this kid have? It just happened this year. We weren't going to do the big party thing, but then her birthday was here and we decided to. She will only turn 1 once. Why not?)

I was on the hunt for a 3-D panda bear cake pan set. When I turned one that is the kind of cake that I had. No one has this pan set and I just couldn't bring myself to go out and spend $30 for one, so I found this really cute cake idea for the party. I think it turned out really cute. I was surprised at how well it turned out and how easily it went. It's been ages since I've really decorated a cake...in fact, I'm thinking it was way bake in 4-H cake decorating! I didn't even regret not having the panda bear cake. Maybe I can find one this next year and do it for her 2nd birthday.


I made a small round cake with the number 1 on top for Cora to smash her face into. She did not do this! She was very dainty about eating her cake and picked at it. It was very cute. She had quite a crowd watching her so maybe that is why.




As you can see from below she didn't get very messy!



Cora had fun opening her presents and playing with whatever she found inside. She got some cute clothes and fun toys! Thank you to all of our friends and family who helped make her first birthday so special!








Thank you to Daddy for making the precious video of Cora's first year for her party. If you haven't watched it, you will find it just below in a recent post. He did a fantastic job. It makes me cry when I watch it.

These are the big events from our past few weeks, with many other special things and normal days.

Cora is going through the teething process. The bottom front teeth are still working their way through her ouchy little gums. She has been very clingy and weepy the past few days. ANDDDDDDD...she is not sleeping through the night. The past 3 nights she has woken up and been put in bed with us. Last night she woke up at 1:30 a.m. then decided to stay up till 3:30 a.m.!!!!! Does she not know that Mommy isn't in college anymore? Today I have been in a daze and my mind feels like mush. It has made me all the more thankful for her excellent sleeping habits this past year.

We also had our one year Dr. appointment. I was told by our doctor that she is....PERFECT! Well, of course we know that. Haha! She now weighs in at 18 lbs. 8 oz. and is 29 3/4 in. She has gone from the 5th percentile in weight to the 25th. Yeah!

Walking? Cora has become more brave over the past couple of days. We have watched her take steps here and there. She has been standing unassisted for some time now, but taking steps hasn't been. It is so fun to watch her. She has no idea what she is capable of or of what she really is doing when she does it. It's only a matter of time! We're so proud of her!

She now says, "Uh-uh-oooooo." It is the cutest thing in the world to me! And she has learned how to growl, so the three of us have growling matches. It doesn't take much to make our hearts soar when it comes to Cora!

Thanks for your patience. We're still here and so thankful we're up and running again. The computer is now a big No-no!

(There are more pics on our flickr site. You can find the link on the left side of this page.)
-Mindy

1 comment:

Julie said...

We're glad you are back up and running! Riah and I enjoy reading your blogs and looking at Cora's pictures! So, when do you want to do the park trip?