Saturday, August 18, 2007

Harebrained Mom

Funny Story....sometimes I wonder if I am fit to be a mom! Haha! I know I'm not alone out there. While our computer was in the shop, I had a funny episode happen. Cora and I had spent our normal Wednesday at Grandpa and Grandma Danner's and were on our way home. I had to make a stop at Wal-Mart to get our b-day party supplies. We took the back way to get there. I had noticed there was a jeepish vehicle behind us at a stop sign. After we turned, it turned. Then I noticed that this person started flashing his headlights at us. At first I just thought it was an accident or something. Well he kept flashing his lights. We had been having trouble with our brake lights, so I thought maybe they were out again. The jeep was far enough behind that I could tap on my brakes and I saw the reflection from the light in our back window, so I knew my lights were fine. At this point the person was close enough that I could see it was a young man talking on his cell phone and he was still flashing his lights. I can be a bit neurotic at times, (yes, Honey, I admit that I am, but only at times!) and began to remember those numerous forwards from well meaning friends telling of people pulling over after someone flashed their lights at them only to be attacked or taken!!! I was getting a bit nervous and wondered what in the world I should do. This person was close enough to see my beautiful baby girl in the backseat who was giggling and blowing raspberries, no clue in the world that we were in the grips of danger. I got to the Wal-Mart entrance and turned in, knowing that I would be followed....but I wasn't. HMPHHHH...I showed Mr. Up to No Good! Everyone in the world is at Wal-Mart and would not be a discreet locale for his bad intentions. I pulled into a parking spot thankful to be safe at Wal-Mart. I hopped out of the car and opened the back door to get my happy baby girl out, ready to hold her tight. As I opened the door, I realized that I was the freak! Mr. Up to No Good had obviously seen what I hadn't. When putting the car seat base in the last time, the straps did not get tightened and so as I had made a turn somewhere on my way to Wal-Mart, my daughter's carseat had tipped halfway over and it was dangling over! No wonder she was so happy, she had never ridden in a car like that before. So moral of the story...Not everyone in the world is out to get you...there are still some well meaning people left. I wonder what he was telling the person on the other end of his cell phone..."There is this harebrained Mom in front of me!!!!!"

No comments: