Saturday, June 23, 2007

Teeth?


Cora and I had a very normal week here in the Flick house. We spent time with Dobbie and Papa, had some friends over, went to see Grandma and Grandpa's house, made crafts with a group of friends that meets once a month, played at the park, and enjoyed the beautiful weather. It had been really hot here but finally cooled down so we got outside a bit more. Cora and I also hit some garage sales on Friday morning. One of my preschool families was having one so we hit that and she blessed me with a big bag of bigger sized clothes for only $10! I was so thrilled. I am stashing away for bigger sizes. Who can beat good clothes at cheap prices?

I had been pricing those push walker toys for Cora. She is cruising so confidently now and knew she would love this kind of toy. I could only find them for $20 and just didn't feel that we could do that just because. I'm pretty frugal! I had just talked to Kevin and told him I was keeping my eye out for a walker toy at the garage sales. Wouldn't you know it? The very next sale we hit had one for....drumroll please....$0.25!!!! I was so excited. I felt like I had found a piece of rare art at the sale. :) It was in great shape, just in need of a good Clorox wipe cleaning. Cora loves it and knew what to do right away! I know this was one of those small blessings sent our way from the Lord.

I am sorry that my blogs are so long right now. Daddy is home this weekend so I waited to use our computer since it's much easier for me. That means many pictures! Hope you enjoy.

Cuddling with Dobbie!


Cora loves to play ball these days. She can roll the ball to us now. It's so cute. Papa got out their medicine ball when we visited this week. She thought she was in ball heaven!


Our friends Shannon, Maddie, and Timothy came over for a visit this week. Timothy had his 5 year old physical at the doctor's office here in our town so they visited us too. He even had to get his shots for kindergarten. He did a great job according to his mommy!




Cora and I spent some time in our backyard one nice evening this week. She loved sitting in the grass and playing with it. I don't think she ingested too much. :) I have to put up all the pictures because I love them all. Look at those peepers in the one below!!!!!




That tongue! This is Cora's favorite expression these days!








This picture captures my favorite part of her little body...the double chin. I love it. She's ticklish there too!


Yummy grass! I got it away before she ate it, don't worry!


We visited Grandma and Grandpa Danner on Wednesday. Cora gave Grandpa his Father's Day gift and card. We also took some cinnamon rolls to enjoy over coffee. We always have a coffee break together when we first get there. Cora enjoys rice cereal while we enjoy coffee and treats. Luckily she doesn't know any different yet.


I love Grandpa's expression in the picture below.




Grandpa put Grandma in her wheel chair and brought her out to visit with us in the kitchen. Cora was infatuated with her. She kept touching her and babbling. I love this picture because it looks like Cora is telling her it is going to be okay.


She even tried to head butt Grandma but she was oh so gentle.




On our way home from Grandma and Grandpa's I decided to go through the country as it was a beautiful evening. On the way I happened upon two foxes. I live and grew up in an area where there are foxes but I have never seen a live one, only one dead one on the side of the road a long time ago. We pulled off to the side of the road to watch, well Cora was asleep so I watched. They were beautiful small creatures. They just went about their business as I watched. I had to snap a picture to commemorate the moment. The funny thing is that the very next night, I saw another one on the edge of town! They are beautiful, much smaller than I had imagined.


Cora still stands on her toys to peek out the window. This was a cute moment until the shape box turned and she fell over. Bumps and bruises are certainly a part of a cruising baby's life.


Cora woke up at 5:30 a.m. this morning and wouldn't go back to sleep. I tried to wait it out but she was wide awake and crying so I put her in bed with me and nursed her. Just as I feared, she didn't fall back to sleep. I, in a half sleep/wakeful state laid in bed and let her crawl all over me. The next thing I knew Daddy was tapping me on the shoulder and home! We thought he would be home in the afternoon! Thankfully Cora had safely fallen asleep at the foot of the bed and was sound asleep. It was so sweet. (She isn't in p.j.'s because we got home late last night and I just put her to bed in her little shirt.)


So that is what Corabells has been up to this week. We did see some old friends at one of the sales we hit Friday. They just had their 6th baby in September. This little guy who is 2 months younger than Cora is already 33 lbs! Cora was only 16 at her 9 month check-up. Wow! He was double her size almost. Cora is 11 months old now, so I'm sure that she weighs a bit more.

ONE MORE THING!!!! Last night we were at Dobbie and Papa's. Dobbie was swinging Cora and as Cora went up she had her mouth wide open and Dobbie said, "There's something white in there!" Cora's two front teeth are getting ready to break through! She doesn't have any yet, which is very common on the Flick side. I'm not sure when I first got teeth. I can't imagine my baby with teeth. She will look so different.

I spent time this week watching our video of Cora from the beginning to now. She has changed so much and gotten so big. It is so amazing all that has taken place in just 11 months!

July 29, 2006 (one day old)


June 14, 2007


-Mindy

No comments: