Saturday, May 12, 2007

Healing


Let me start by saying that ever since my hubby posted that last blog, Cora has not followed her 10 step plan for going to sleep. Last night she fought sleep for 2 hours and tonight for 1 1/2 hours. Ugh! Mommy is getting worn out from this. Hopefully it's just a phase and she'll be easy to put to bed again soon.

What a week here at our house. As you know I had a serious back issue. Last Sunday I was sitting on the floor with Cora, picked her up, then stood up with her. As soon as I got up, I felt pain in my back. Earlier in the week I had strained it and it was still a bit tender. Within 15 minutes I was in horrible pain. I had to call Kevin at work and ask him to come home (in tears). The pain was really bad Sunday and Monday. Tuesday it started to lessen and we visited the doctor. He is pretty sure I strained a muscle in my back. I was very thankful that it was not skeletal. Each day it has gotten better. It still is pretty tender. I am trying to be so careful to not strain it again.

This was also our preschool graduation week, so it was not a good week for me to be down. Wednesday I spent most of the day at preschool working on things. I was worn out and sore after that. Thursday I taught (I had a sub on Tuesday) and that really wore me out. Friday was graduation...my back was very tired after that. Today I took it easy and am thankful for a day of not having to exert it.

Thursday night Cora and I got together with my friends from high school and their families. Here is Dawn and her 5 boys.

Here is JoEllen with her hubby and 2 boys.

Here is Tammi with her hubby and little girl.

It was good to catch up and be together. The last time we ALL were together was before Tammi and I had our babies. We were pregnant! I can't believe it's been 14 years since we graduated. Wow!

On Friday Cora decided she needed to wake up at 5:45 a.m. I was not ready to get up so I nursed her and put her in bed with us. She talked and babbled for awhile then went back to sleep. So we were all in bed together. Even Art was with us. (He's the cat.)

Dobbie watched Cora for me while I was at Preschool Graduation. Cora had alot of fun! She told me. :) (Thank you, Dobbie!) Graduation went so well. We were all so worried about it. You have no idea what to expect when you put 35 four year olds together and 200+ guests! I don't think it could have run any smoother. Obviously the Lord's hand was on it!

Today Cora and I went to see Grandpa and Grandma Danner. We didn't make it over this past week because of my back issues which put me behind on graduation preparations. It was a nice quiet day which I really needed.



Tomorrow is my first Mother's Day! I'm a Mama!!!! Wow!

-Mindy

No comments: