Friday, May 18, 2007

First Field Trip


On Tuesday my preschool class visited the zoo. I was so excited about going because I had made my mind up to take my little girl. I couldn't wait. I just love showing her off! I'm so bad! I am so thankful to work in an environment where this was no problem. They were all excited that I brought her along. It helped that out of 24 students, there was only one student who was unable to bring a parent or adult with them.

Cora enjoyed her day of being pushed in her stroller and doted on. The weather was magnificent! It stormed something awful just a few hours after we got home, but while we were there it was perfect. We even had a picnic when we were all done at the zoo. What a perfect trip! It was so nice to see the students having such a fun day with moms, dads, babysitters, aunts, grandmas and grandpas (not all the mommy's could make it). I think Cora's favorite animal was the zebra! The lion roared while we were there and she wasn't sure what to think of that! Too loud and scary!

Preschool is almost done! I can not believe it. I'm going to miss my students terribly but I am ready for a break! I'm so tired lately. Last week really threw me off with my back issues and graduation. It's funny though. I think I'll have all this free time this summer, but it never happens. The days get so full and it flies by. I am determined to not let that happen. I want to enjoy my baby this summer each and everyday! I hope it goes slowly.

Cora is keeping me busy these days as she crawls around and gets into stuff. She hasn't really ventured out of the living room yet, but I know the day is coming. She will try to follow if we go out to the kitchen but she's not too fast yet. She has figured out that the stereo, vcr, dvd player and tv are very interesting especially as they are all at her level. We need to figure out a change for that soon. I'm scared to death that the tv will topple over on her. It's so big and heavy. We may need to bring out our tiny one until she learns to leave it alone (probably like when she goes to college! ha!).

She also is pulling herself up onto everything, secure and unsecure. I can't believe how fast she learned this trick. She just learned to crawl and now she's always standing up against something.






My baby's going to be is 9 1/2 months old!!!!!!!!



-Mindy

No comments: