Sunday, April 15, 2007

Am I Supposed to Still Be So Emotional?


I have noticed a huge change since Cora was born...I cry at the mention of anything regarding a child or baby. I have always been sentimental about children, but wow! I watched The Pursuit of Happyness a few weeks ago and cried and cried through the whole movie. I just couldn't get over how that little boy's mommy left him, just like that. It broke my heart. (Such a good movie, by the way!)

And the news...oh my! I can't take any news story that involves a child being hurt. It makes me ache inside to hear those things.

My mother-in-law just gave me a book, Chicken Soup for the New Mom's Soul. I started reading it last night and laid in a puddle of tears on my pillow for a couple of hours as I read story after story about babies.

It's sad, I know...but really it's good. My heart is just so full of love for this little person and that love has brought to me a deeper regard for all children. They are so precious and innocent and entrusted to us. What a precious gift!

Today was Preschool Sunday which is a scaled down program and open house at the preschool. We hang up the student's art projects and crafts for the visitors to see. Beforehand all the students sing some songs that we have been working on for our audience of parents and grandparents. It went so well! I'm so very thankful for that. We had an excellent turn-out.

I had to take Cora with me because Daddy was at work. She did great! She loves people and she had many there to watch. I was mingling with parents and she fell asleep. I was talking with one family and the grandma looked at me and said, "You seem so content and happy! I can tell you love being a Mom!" (That almost made me cry!) But it hit me so suddenly that yes, I do feel so content and fulfilled with my precious little baby. I love being her mama!

I found this quote last night in my new book and loved it.
"The moment a child is born, the mother is also born. She never existed before. The woman existed, but the mother, never. A mother is something absolutely new."
-Bhagwan Shree Rajneesh

I love that! It goes for fathers too!

"Before you were conceived, I wanted you.
Before you were born, I loved you.
Before you were here an hour, I would die for you.
This is the miracle of love."
-Maureen Hawkins

This is what I've been thinking about today, a lazy day after Preschool Sunday. I spent the day with just my daughter and it was wonderful (although we missed Daddy a whole bunch). We played, napped, and shopped! What better way is there to spend any day?

I love you so much, little Corabells, my little peanut!

-Mindy

1 comment:

Jason, Joy & Dawson Wilkins said...

Why do you make your innocent readers cry?
I'm not even the emotional one! *sigh.
It's our lot in life now that we're moms. We should plan lots of funny things inbetween the sob moments.
Lovek
Joy