Saturday, March 10, 2007

Spring



Ahhhh....spring is in the air. I am sitting here on a sunny Saturday morning enjoying Norah Jones and a napping baby. I love Norah Jones and I hear she has a new cd out, in case any certain hubby is reading this and wanted to surprise any wife of his. :) I have her on random with Sara Groves another favorite of mine. I don't usually listen to music as I am rushing around the house trying to get things done while Cora is napping. I really like quiet when she is asleep. That's not because I'm afraid I will wake her, I just love the sound of peace and quiet. That probably comes from my introvertedness.



Yesterday was gorgeous here. It was almost 60 degrees and sunny! Cora and I went along with Papa and Dobbie to Kokomo. Papa has gotten a new job at the Howard County Hospital there and had to fill out paperwork and such. While he was doing that we went to Kohl's and out for lunch. Cora did a great job! She was anxious to get out of her carseat when we got home though. After we got home, I took her on a walk downtown. It was so nice to get out and be in the fresh air. She really liked her walk in her stroller. I look forward to many upcoming walks. We usually go downtown to the shops or the library.



Cora had a busy week. We visited Grandma and Grandpa Danner on Wednesday. Thursday she stayed with Dobbie and Papa for a few hours because Daddy had to work in the afternoon. We have some pics below of her visits.











As Kevin said in the previous post, our blue car is down now! On Tuesday after work, I went out to the car and it started up fine. BUT the button that you push to move the gear shift was jammed and it wouldn't budge. So we have a car that starts and runs fine, but it can't be put into drive. Kevin's dad looked at it and said that the console needs to be taken out so it can be fixed. Wow! That sounds like a big job! Kevin has been working during the day so they haven't been able to get to it. Hopefully next week they can. Our other car is back from the mechanic and running very well, so that is a praise. We are not carless!



"The heavens declare the glory of God;
the skies proclaim the work of his hands."
Psalm 19:1
Thank you for spring and the newness of life as the brown hue of winter changes to the green of life and growth! What a joy to walk out back and see the flowers starting to poke through the ground. It is here!

-Mindy

No comments: