Sunday, January 28, 2007

Busy Weekend



We had a pretty busy weekend. This is a synopsis of what we did.

Kevin's birthday was on Friday. We had his Mom and Dad over on Thursday night to celebrate. I made a yummy supper and we watched a movie. We watched Mozart and the Whale. It was pretty good. Kevin was pooped out, so he slept through his celebration. Haha! Oh well, the rest of us had fun and ate yummy pumpkin cheesecake. Kevin got a really neat Willow Tree figurine from his Mom and Dad. It is a new Dad holding a baby! It is very fitting for his year!

I have a confession to make, I just put our Christmas things away this weekend also! Ugh! Kevin kept asking me if I was going to do it. He was a bit concerned as we were the last family in town with Christmas things up. Haha! We have been so busy, and I find it's hard to do things like that now with our peanut. I get started and then she needs something and I get sidetracked. I know other Moms understand! I hear them say it all of the time, now I understand.

So we worked on that, and I cleaned while putting that stuff away. I feel like we accomplished alot. Thankfully, Cora Bells took some really good naps, so I was able to get it all done! I even got the laundry done. Wow!

We also got to see some friends this weekend. We were invited to some friends house for supper one night. We know them from church. There were two other families there and we all have daughters so there were 6 little girls there, 3 babies and 3 older girls. It has been alot of fun getting to know these families better.

We also were taken out to dinner by some other friends for Kevin's birthday and mine. We ate at Smokey Bones. We had never been there before, yum yum! Kevin got Season 1 and 2 of The Office from them too! So appropriate! Which leads into what we did on Sunday.

Kevin got home from work at 5:30 am and went to sleep. At 7:30 Cora woke up to eat so I brought her to bed so I could sleep while she ate. When she was done, she started babbling and playing which woke Daddy up. This proceeded to a lazy morning. We ended up staying in our pj's and Daddy got up to eat breakfast with us. We also watched episodes of The Office all morning. It was very nice. We don't have many chances to have lazy days together with our opposing schedules, so I cherish the ones that we do get to have.

That was our weekend. It was fun to be with family and friends! And I feel good about getting the Christmas things put away before February! Haha!!!!

By the way....Happy Birthday, Kevin. I love you! I think you are a truly amazing father to Cora! She will never doubt how much you love her! P.B.G.





























-Mindy

No comments: