Thursday, December 07, 2006

Growing


Last Monday Cora had her 4 month doctor's appointment. She is now (or on that day) 12 lbs. 6 oz. and 22 3/4 inches long. We thought she might weigh more than that, but lugging her around in that infant seat makes it seem like she could be 40 lbs. HA! Her appointment went so well. It is so fun to have the nurses see her and ooh and aaah at how she is growing. Our doctor paid Cora some very kind comments also. He said that we have the "perfect baby!" We would have to agree. We have been so blessed with an easy going and wonderful little girl. Cora did very well with her shots. She screamed during and right after, but that was it.

Here is a picture of Cora now and one of her only 3 days old! I can't believe how much she has changed.


We think our peanut might be teething. She is constantly drooling and trying to chew on things. When she chews on my finger I think I can feel a little bump in her gums. That could possibly be a tooth trying to come in. She has had some fussy times in the evenings which could be from that also. I can't belive she could already be getting teeth! That is crazy!


We have been so busy. Obviously you can tell from the lack of blogs. I apologize for that. It seems that we are always on the go. Last Friday Dobbie and I took Cora to Wal-Mart to get her Christmas pics done. I have learned of the horror that moms go through with pictures! When we got there, she was so happy and schmoozing up the attention she was getting in her Christmas outfit. THEN....we got in front of the camera and all the smiles stopped. She got very serious and would not smile. AND THEN....came the tears! Oh my!!!! I felt my blood pressure rise to unhealthy heights. Our picture that we picked ended up being a sleeping baby, sucking her thumb. I know it will be precious and I will treasure it, but where, oh where did that smile go? And wouldn't you know it? As soon as we were done, the smile and joy reappeared!!!! AUGHHHHH!

By the way...stay tuned for pics in the upcoming weeks of her in her Christmas outfit. It is to die for...I know, I know...she's my daughter so I'm a bit prejudiced.


On Saturday we had 3 couples and their kids from church over for supper. We have only had someone over for dinner one other time since Cora's birth. We need to get better at that. I love to have people over. I really feel that we need to use our home for fellowship. I want Cora to grow up with memories of having old friends and new friends in our home. Our night was so much fun. We had 8 adults and 6 kids here. The kids ranged in age of 1 month old to 4 years old. It was good getting to know these families. One family has a little girl who is just 1 1/2 months older than Cora. It was so much fun to watch them watch each other.


We are having some friends from Texas stay with us for a couple of days over Christmas break. We are looking forward to seeing them. They moved to Texas almost one year ago to start their ministry with Wycliffe Bible Translators. They are expecting their first child in February. Some friends from church and I are throwing them a baby shower while they are here. I am so excited for them. What an exciting time! This will also be their first time to meet Cora!


Well I should go. It seems I've written a book! Hope you are all well and enjoying this special time of year. We got about 4 inches of snow today, so it's beginning to look alot like Christmas here.


-Mindy

No comments: