Sunday, September 03, 2006

Our Baby Is Getting Big!

Today I watched the video that we have recorded of Cora so far. I know it's hard to believe but we don't have that much especially compared to our pictures. Haha! I can't get over how much Cora has changed in 5 weeks. Being with her everyday makes it so hard to notice the changes. I am amazed at how she is filling out and getting bigger after watching the video. Even today at church I heard many comments about how much bigger she looked. She's starting to lose the newborn look, although she is still pretty little compared to other babies her age.

It has been fun moving her up a size in clothes. We have access now to a whole new wardrobe. It feels like playing dress up! But she's so cute, that it doesn't matter what she has on! Dobbie got her a very precious ducky dress and sweater set that she wore to church today. Oh my goodness, did she look adorable. I accented with a headband with a bow on it. That has helped with the question, "Is it a boy or a girl?" I have had at least 3 people ask that when I had something pink on her and wrapped in a pink blanket. Hmmm? So the bow should help when we're out and about.

We had a busy weekend. Dobbie, Cora and I spent the day together on Friday after my postpartum doctor's appointment. (Which I am happy to say, Mommy's doing wonderful!) Dobbie had some errands to run so we went along. It was a fun day. We didn't get home until 10:30pm. Saturday Kevin, Cora and I went to a family get together at my cousin's home in the evening. My aunt's were fighting over who got to hold the baby. Too funny! We visited Grandma and Grandpa Danner afterwards for about an hour. Today we had church and then a friend of mine who used to live here but moved a year ago stopped in for a visit and to see Cora. It was good to catch up. Cora and I made cookies this afternoon for Daddy!

Right now Kevin is trying to put Cora to bed, but she is fighting it for all it's worth. We are trying to get her to go to sleep without her pacifier because when she does sleep with it, I am up putting it back in her mouth all night long after it falls out and she starts crying. She doesn't like to fall asleep without it and lets us know very clearly. Poor Daddy! It's so nice to take turns during these times.

-Mindy










Cora's bow slipped over her eyes on the way home from church.

No comments: